Sunday, September 9, 2012

This Thing Called Homeschool

So this thing called homeschool, well lets just say it's DEFINITELY an adventure.  We're heading into week three and I can say without a doubt it has been a crazy first two weeks (technically three seeing as we missed a few days here and there so it took us three weeks to get through two weeks of work). BUT we're learning. I say we, I HOPE my five year old is learning, I know it's been a major learning process for myself and I'm sure there is much more to be taught as the years come. 

So far I can think of only one day that we spent doing school that didn't erupt in an argument or me threatening to send him off to public school. Oh how I wish I could relive that one amazing day EVERY day but like I said It's all a learning process.  We're still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't work. I have all these big dreams of how I would LOVE my day to go but at the end of the day I MUST remember that as long as we had fun doing what we did and we were able to LOVE on each other and spend time together that is all that matters.  These childhood days will soon be gone and I don't want to miss out on a second of anything. (So why am I sitting here writing this while the minutes tick by?) For now I say goodbye. Pray for me! Most of all for patience and loads and loads of LOVE. Oh that they would be able to see Christ through me. (Another thing that I'm working on daily)

No comments:

Post a Comment