Wednesday, January 9, 2013

From YAHOO to Blah

I cannot understand how a person can go from feeling amazing one minute to feeling cruddy the next.  Our family had four glorious days off together over new years and even last week as we headed back to work wasn't so bad then yesterday...well...yesterday was one of those days but I will say I ended it on a great note. I went to bible study at a friends church then I came home and found out I had won a prize in a giveaway...what could be more exciting than that? Then today yes today has been another one of those days. I feel like I'm starting to come down with something as much as I have been fighting it I don't feel 100% and it has shown greatly in how I have reacted today.  I have yelled, I have spanked, I have threatened, I have dragged, pulled and nagged non stop all day. I kept trying to tell myself that they boys didn't look like they felt that great...the looked tired and cranky themselves so why I didn't stop myself from reacting to their nasty ways I don't know. We headed home this afternoon from work with my mind set on them both heading straight to bed (of course it doesn't help that we didn't get to leave work till after 3:00) and me sitting down with a cup of tea and some books to read.  On the stand next to me sits Shes Gonna Blow by Julie Ann Barnhill on my kindle is Hope for the Weary Mom by Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin and in my mind to buy is Desperate: Hope for the Mom who needs to breathe by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson.  Oh how I need to read all of these but will I get to them? Knowing me probably not. I hear the oldest monkey asking me nonstop if he can get up. I know he needs to nap but is it worth it at this point to have him down there trying to sleep at this late hour when bedtime is so close? I guess I will sit here and breathe for five more minutes then make a decision.  Praying for peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment